With the blooming of flowers, the budding of leaves, and longer daylight hours, Spring has indeed sprung!
Create the sweetest Spring memories with one of the nation's favorites... Pie! From Forkful.com, check out these easy recipes featuring Marie Callender's Chocolate Satin Cream Pie. If chocolate is not for you , you may also replace this with any of your preferred cream pie flavors like Banana, Key lime, Lemon Meringue or Coconut to create these hard-to-forget spring treats. You can find these at your local Target or Walmart stores. Just a few slices of the pie is all that the recipe needs, and, then you can enjoy the rest of the pie too!
Scroll down for Spring Pie Pops, Chocolate Pie Churros, and Mini Pie Cups recipes.
(Disclaimer: I am not paid to endorse Marie Callender's products)
- 50 Vanilla wafers
- 2 slices (1/8th each) Marie Callender's Chocolate Satin Pie
- 1 cup White morsels
- 1 TBS Wesson Vegetable Oil
- 12 Cake pop sticks
- Assorted sprinkles, colored sugar or crushed pretzels
- Line shallow baking pan with parchment paper; set aside. Place wafers in food processor bowl; pulse wafers into fine crumbs. Add pie slices; pulse until mixture comes together and forms a ball.
- Roll mixture into slightly larger than 1-inch balls; place on pan. Insert sticks. Freeze 30 minutes or until set.
- Place morsels and oil in small microwave safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds; stir. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds more or until softened; stir until mixture is melted completely. Roll a pie ball in melted mixture until evenly coated, spooning extra over top to cover completely. Let excess drip off and place on pan. Immediately sprinkle each pie pop with colored sugar, sprinkles or crushed pretzels, if desired. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Chocolate Pie Churros
- PAM® Baking Spray
- 1 (17.3-oz.) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pkg (28 oz each) Marie Callender's Chocolate Satin Pie (thawed according to package directions)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
- Pastry bag/pastry tip
- Skewer (or toothpick)
- Small bowl
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper; spray with baking spray. Unfold and cut puff pastry sheets in half lengthwise, and cut each half crosswise into 1-inch strips. Place strips on baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar and cinnamon. Remove pastry strips from oven; brush with butter and roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Let stand on a wire rack 5 minutes or until cooled completely.
- In a small bowl blend 3 pieces of Marie Callender’s® Chocolate Satin Pie until smooth (crust and filling).
- Using a skewer, carve a hole from end to end through the center of each churro.
- Fill pastry bag with pastry tip; add pie mixture. Snip corner of bag, to create a homemade piping bag. Pipe filling mixture into each end of churro.
Spring Decorating Idea
Dip the end of each churro in white chocolate and sprinkles. Serve in a clear vase with sprinkles at bottom.
- 1 pkg (1.9 oz each) mini fillo shells
- 2 slices (1/8th each) Marie Callender's Cream Pies (coconut, lemon meringue, or chocolate satin)
- Fresh berries, colored coconut, chocolate candies, banana slices
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place fillo shells on shallow baking pan. Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp. Cool completely before filling pie cups.
- Place 2 teaspoons pie filling in each fillo shell; top mini pie cups with assorted candies, coconut or fruit, if desired. Serve immediately.