7 Proven Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate
- Very nutritious.
- Powerful source of antioxidants.
- May improve blood flow and lower blood pressure.
- Raises HDL and protects LDL from oxidation.
- May reduce heart disease risk.
- May protect your skin from the sun.
- Could improve brain function.
- 1 Is it OK to eat chocolate every day?
- 2 Is dark chocolate healthy?
- 3 Which type of chocolate is the healthiest?
- 4 Is chocolate good for your skin?
- 5 Why is chocolate so addictive?
- 6 Is 85% dark chocolate good for you?
- 7 What brand of dark chocolate is the healthiest?
- 8 Is chocolate good for your brain?
- 9 Does chocolate help blood?
- 10 Is it okay to eat chocolate at night?
- 11 How much chocolate should I eat a day?
- 12 Is chocolate good for a face mask?
- 13 What are the disadvantages of eating chocolate?
- 14 Is chocolate bad for your face?
Is it OK to eat chocolate every day?
It’s your lucky day. You can eat chocolate on a diet and yes, it is okay to eat chocolate every day. So stop thinking of a diet as daily deprivation and instead see it in its true form: a way to talk about all the foods you eat.
Is dark chocolate healthy?
Studies show that dark chocolate — when it is not loaded with sugar and saturated fat — is indeed a heart-healthy chocolate treat and more. Dark chocolate is rich in disease-fighting antioxidants. Studies show it can help reduce blood pressure and lower your risk of heart disease.
Which type of chocolate is the healthiest?
The healthiest type of chocolate When it comes to which type of chocolate is the healthiest, the answer is simple: it’s dark chocolate by a landslide. Since dark varieties contain super-high cocoa contents (usually 70 to 80 percent, but many up to 100!), they contain more flavanols than milk chocolate.
Is chocolate good for your skin?
Yes, consuming dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa) has multiple beauty benefits. It can boost your skin’s moisture, protect from sun damage and diminish wrinkles. Rich in vitamins A, B1, C, D and E, plus iron and calcium, chocolate nourishes your skin from the inside out to replace lost moisture.
Why is chocolate so addictive?
The natural brain chemical enkephalin is heightened when chocolate is consumed. Enkephalin triggers opioid receptors similar to those triggered by heroin and morphine use. This chemical leads the brain to desire more after chocolate is initially consumed, which can lead to addiction.
Is 85% dark chocolate good for you?
Nutritional information Share on Pinterest Dark chocolate with 70–85 percent cocoa is a good source of magnesium, zinc, and iron.
What brand of dark chocolate is the healthiest?
Several of the healthy brands offer really strong dark chocolate bars.
- Lindt 90%, 95% and 99% Extra Dark.
- Pure 7 100% Bar.
- Ghirardelli 92% Intense dark.
- Pacari 100% and 101% Raw.
- Vivani 92% Bar.
- Giddy Yoyo Raw 100% Cacao.
- ChocZero 92%Ultimate Dark.
- Sam’s Choice 90% Dark.
Is chocolate good for your brain?
Dark chocolate may also improve the function of your brain. One study of healthy volunteers showed that eating high flavanol cocoa for 5 days improved blood flow to the brain ( 24 ). Cocoa may also significantly improve cognitive function in older adults with mild cognitive impairment.
Does chocolate help blood?
Eating dark chocolate is a great way to incorporate more cacao into your diet, which can help to lower your high blood pressure! The flavonoids in dark chocolate have been found to produce nitric oxide, which causes blood vessels to relax and lower high blood pressure.
Is it okay to eat chocolate at night?
Don’t Eat: Chocolate Even though chocolate doesn’t contain much of the stuff, even a little caffeine can disturb or halt the sleep-inducing chemical processes going on in your brain and body before bedtime, he says.
How much chocolate should I eat a day?
The recommended “dose” is approximately 1 to 2 ounces or 30-60g, experts say. Indulge in anything more than that, and you may be consuming too many calories. A 1.45-ounce (41 gram) Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Bar has 190 calories. In comparison, if you ate a medium-size raw apple, you’d only take in 95 calories.
Is chocolate good for a face mask?
After doing a bit more research, I found that chocolate actually has higher antioxidant levels than green tea — a face mask I swear by — as well as being better at neutralizing free radicals and protecting skin cells. This basically means that it’s Mr. Clean-level good at toning and cleaning your skin.
What are the disadvantages of eating chocolate?
The Disadvantages of Eating Chocolate
- High Calorie Content. Chocolate has a high calorie content.
- High Saturated Fat Content. Chocolate also has a high saturated fat content.
- High Sugar Content. Chocolate is loaded with sugar.
- Low in Vitamins and Minerals. Chocolate has few beneficial nutrients.
Is chocolate bad for your face?
So is chocolate bad for your skin? Research suggests there is no direct link between the components found in chocolate and skin conditions like acne. Eating an excessive amount of fat and refined sugars may trigger an inflammatory response from the body, leading to acne.