While you can freeze a sweet potato or pumpkin pie for up to three months, keep in mind that the texture may change slightly. Once your pie has completely cooled, wrap it securely in a few layers of plastic wrap, then wrap again in aluminum foil or place in an airtight freezer container.
- 1 Can I freeze a baked sweet potato pie?
- 2 Is it better to freeze a pie before or after baking?
- 3 How long can you freeze cooked sweet potato pie?
- 4 How do you defrost sweet potato pie?
- 5 How do you store homemade sweet potato pie?
- 6 Can potato pies be frozen?
- 7 Can you freeze pie in glass dish?
- 8 How do you freeze leftover pie?
- 9 How do you freeze a pie after baking?
- 10 How do you reheat a frozen sweet potato pie?
- 11 Do you have to refrigerate sweet potatoes after baking?
- 12 Can I leave my sweet potato pie out overnight?
- 13 Can you reheat sweet potato pie?
- 14 Can I put a frozen pie in the oven?
Can I freeze a baked sweet potato pie?
Yep! You can freeze this pie either as a whole pie, or as slices. If you freeze the whole pie – allow to cool completely. Next, wrap the pie tightly in plastic wrap, then in aluminum foil, and freeze for up to 2 months.
Is it better to freeze a pie before or after baking?
It is much better to freeze pumpkin and fruit pies before baking rather than after. The texture of pies suffers substantially if frozen after baking. If you freeze pies after baking them, thaw them at room temperature for about three hours and then crisp them in a 450 degree Fahrenheit oven for about 20 minutes.
How long can you freeze cooked sweet potato pie?
How long does sweet potato pie last? The baked and cooled pie will keep for up to 4 days stored in the refrigerator. It will also keep for up to 1 month in the freezer.
How do you defrost sweet potato pie?
How to Thaw a Sweet Potato, Pumpkin, or Other Custard Pie
- Let thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Remove plastic wrap from the pie before serving.
How do you store homemade sweet potato pie?
Sweet potato pies are essentially baked custard pies, so they should be stored in the refrigerator. After baking your pie, let it cool completely for two to four hours. Loosely cover the pie with aluminum foil before refrigerating for up to four days.
Can potato pies be frozen?
Cool and securely wrap Once thoroughly cooled, wrap and seal the pie in several layers of plastic wrap. For added protection against freezer burn, follow up this step with a layer of aluminum foil or even newspaper, folded around the pie and taped around the edges. Freeze the pie for up to a month.
Can you freeze pie in glass dish?
While whole frozen fruit pies bake up perfectly, custard pies don’t fare well in the freezer, but you can still make and freeze the crust ahead of time. And although the pie above is in a glass pie plate, I do not recommend putting a Pyrex or other glass pan straight from the freezer into the oven, as it can shatter.
How do you freeze leftover pie?
Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and foil or place in a freezer bag. These pies can be frozen for up to two months.
How do you freeze a pie after baking?
How to Freeze a Baked Pie
- Bake as directed and allow to cool completely.
- Place the pie in a freezer bag; seal, label, and freeze for up to 4 months.
- To serve, thaw at room temperature.
- If you wish to serve your pie warm, after thawing, bake in a preheated oven 425°F oven about 15 minutes or until warmed through.
How do you reheat a frozen sweet potato pie?
To reheat the Sweet Potato Pie so it’s ready to serve, there are a couple of ways you can do this. Remove the pie from the freezer, making sure to wipe off any frost that may be on it. Then, put it on a baking sheet to bake for 40-70 minutes at 300°F.
Do you have to refrigerate sweet potatoes after baking?
After you have cooked the sweet potatoes, you should store them in the refrigerator. Give them some time (like 20 – 30 minutes) to cool off before chucking them into the fridge. Store them in either shallow airtight containers or freezer bags. The same thing goes for baked sweet potatoes – they have to be refrigerated.
Can I leave my sweet potato pie out overnight?
After baking, pie should be left at room temperature as the cooling process normally takes 2-4 hours. Within 4 hours, the pie should then be placed in the refrigerator. Pie may be refrigerated for 2-3 days.
Can you reheat sweet potato pie?
Making this luscious pie is reason enough to invite over a friend or two. You can bake it up to two days ahead; cool it completely, cover with plastic wrap, and chill. Before serving, reheat it for about 15 minutes at 325° to bring back its silky texture.
Can I put a frozen pie in the oven?
Place pie in freezer; pull out when ready to bake. When ready to bake pie, heat oven to 450°F. When oven is preheated, remove frozen pie from freezer; cut a few slits in top crust and place in oven. Do not thaw pie because no one wants a soggy pie.