290 Cal. 290 Cal.
- 1 Is sweet potato pie high in calories?
- 2 Which is healthier sweet potato pie or pumpkin pie?
- 3 Does sweet potato pie make you gain weight?
- 4 What are the benefits of sweet potato pie?
- 5 Is Patti Labelle Sweet Potato Pie sugar Free?
- 6 Is sweet potato good for weight loss?
- 7 Can you eat sweet potatoes when dieting?
- 8 What is the healthiest type of pie?
- 9 How many calories are in a butter pie?
Is sweet potato pie high in calories?
Similar to pumpkin pie in appearance and texture, sweet potato pie is an equally tasty holiday classic. Though it contains healthy nutrients, this pie is high in calories and sugar and is best left as a once-in-a-while treat.
Which is healthier sweet potato pie or pumpkin pie?
However, if you place the two in a side-by-side comparison, sweet potato generally outpaces pumpkin in its nutritional makeup from vitamin A to fiber to protein. While pumpkin is a light, low sugar option, sweet potatoes do more heavy lifting and will ultimately feed your body more essential nutrients.
Does sweet potato pie make you gain weight?
They are even a favourite among athletes. However, sweet potatoes have gained a reputation for being a fattening vegetable due to its high-calorie content. But that’s not true. In fact, sweet potatoes are considered as a healthy alternative to normal potatoes and have scientifically been proven to help in weight loss.
What are the benefits of sweet potato pie?
6 Surprising Health Benefits of Sweet Potatoes
- Highly Nutritious. Sweet potatoes are a great source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- Promote Gut Health.
- May Have Cancer-Fighting Properties.
- Support Healthy Vision.
- May Enhance Brain Function.
- May Support Your Immune System.
Is Patti Labelle Sweet Potato Pie sugar Free?
As a diabetic, Patti is working on a line of sugar-free desserts for her fans who need to watch their sugar intake. She told The Huffington Post that one dessert will be a sugar-free sweet potato pie.
Is sweet potato good for weight loss?
Sweet potatoes can either boost or curtail weight loss, if that’s your goal, depending on how you enjoy them. They’re wonderfully delicious, nutrient rich, and high in fiber. This means that they can help you lose or maintain weight by keeping you feeling full for longer.
Can you eat sweet potatoes when dieting?
The high water content in sweet potatoes makes them great for weight loss. Dehydration slows down your metabolism, further causing weight gain and other health problems. Consuming sweet potato helps rehydrate your cells and boost metabolic activity in the body.
What is the healthiest type of pie?
1. Pumpkin Pie: “This is going to be the healthiest, especially if you make it yourself with half of the sugar required in the recipe,” Hunnes says. “It’s a vegetable filled with vitamin A (beta carotene) [which helps support healthy skin, nails and hair] and fiber.
How many calories are in a butter pie?
It is estimated that the typical nutritional value of a butter pie contains 419 calories, 44 percent fat and 44 percent carbohydrates.