There are 276 calories in 1 piece of Sweetpotato Pie.
Common serving sizes.
|1 pie (8″ dia)||1584|
|1 pie (9″ dia)||2211|
|1 pie (10″ dia)||2739|
- 1 Is sweet potato pie high in calories?
- 2 What is healthier sweet potato pie or pumpkin pie?
- 3 What is the most fattening pie?
- 4 Does sweet potato pie make you gain weight?
- 5 What are the benefits of sweet potato pie?
- 6 Is Patti Labelle Sweet Potato Pie Sugar Free?
- 7 Can you eat sweet potatoes when dieting?
- 8 Why are sweet potatoes better for you than regular?
- 9 Why are yams called sweet potatoes?
- 10 What pie has the least calories?
- 11 What’s the healthiest pie to eat?
- 12 What food makes you gain the most weight?
Is sweet potato pie high in calories?
Similar to pumpkin pie in appearance and texture, sweet potato pie is an equally tasty holiday classic. Though it contains healthy nutrients, this pie is high in calories and sugar and is best left as a once-in-a-while treat.
What is healthier sweet potato pie or pumpkin pie?
Pumpkin pie by the slice contains 15 percent carbohydrates and 20 percent cholesterol. One slice of sweet potato pie can contain over 380 calories and contain as much as 49 percent saturated fat. Sweet potatoes, according to Livestrong.com, contain antioxidants, which work to combat free radicals.
What is the most fattening pie?
1 Pecan Pie In fact, pecan is one of the pies highest in calories. According to Shape magazine, a slice of pecan pie weighs in with just over 500 calories.
Does sweet potato pie make you gain weight?
They are even a favourite among athletes. However, sweet potatoes have gained a reputation for being a fattening vegetable due to its high-calorie content. But that’s not true. In fact, sweet potatoes are considered as a healthy alternative to normal potatoes and have scientifically been proven to help in weight loss.
What are the benefits of sweet potato pie?
6 Surprising Health Benefits of Sweet Potatoes
- Highly Nutritious. Sweet potatoes are a great source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- Promote Gut Health.
- May Have Cancer-Fighting Properties.
- Support Healthy Vision.
- May Enhance Brain Function.
- May Support Your Immune System.
Is Patti Labelle Sweet Potato Pie Sugar Free?
As a diabetic, Patti is working on a line of sugar-free desserts for her fans who need to watch their sugar intake. She told The Huffington Post that one dessert will be a sugar-free sweet potato pie.
Can you eat sweet potatoes when dieting?
The high water content in sweet potatoes makes them great for weight loss. Dehydration slows down your metabolism, further causing weight gain and other health problems. Consuming sweet potato helps rehydrate your cells and boost metabolic activity in the body.
Why are sweet potatoes better for you than regular?
Though they can both be part of a healthy diet, sweet potatoes are generally healthier than regular potatoes, partly because of their incredibly high vitamin A content. Sweet potatoes are also lower on the glycemic index, meaning that they are less likely than regular potatoes to make your blood sugar spike.
Why are yams called sweet potatoes?
When soft varieties were first grown commercially, there was a need to differentiate between the two. African slaves had already been calling the ‘soft’ sweet potatoes ‘yams’ because they resembled the yams in Africa. Thus, ‘soft’ sweet potatoes were referred to as ‘yams’ to distinguish them from the ‘firm’ varieties.
What pie has the least calories?
At around 300 calories per slice, pumpkin pie is a good bet for an indulgent dessert. It’s a calorie bargain compared with other fall pies —apple pie weighs in at around 400 calories, and pecan pie at about 500 calories per slice.
What’s the healthiest pie to eat?
Nutritionist Keri Glassman in New York City gave us insight into which choices to make. In terms of fat and calories, pumpkin pie reigns supreme as the best choice you can make. One slice (1/8 of a 9-inch pie) contains about 260 calories and 10 grams of fat.
What food makes you gain the most weight?
Here’s a list of 10 foods that are highly fattening.
- Soda. Sugary soda may just be the most fattening thing you can put into your body.
- Sugar-sweetened coffee. Coffee can be a very healthy beverage.
- Ice cream.
- Takeaway pizza.
- Cookies and doughnuts.
- French fries and potato chips.
- Peanut butter.
- Milk chocolate.